Shop by Category
Out of stock
Wholesale/ Job lots
Unlocked (Any network)
EE - (Orange / T-Mobile)
O2 / giffgaff / TESCO
Vodafone / Lebara
Black & White
Corporate Mobile Recycling Privacy Notice
- We may collect different types of personal information about you when you use our website and services including your name, email address and postcode
- The section how we use your information details all the ways we use your personal information, which includes:
- To process an order you place through our website
- To tell you about our other products and special offers that you may be interested in
We will share your information as required by law with Police Forces, Insurance Companies and other Public Agencies subject to the correct legal requests being undertaken by these bodies
You can ask us any questions about your personal information at any time by emailing [email protected].
Fonebank.com, ZonZoo.es, Smartfonestore.com, Cmrecycling.co.uk, Movilbak.es, Fonebank.fr, Zonzoo.nl, Zonzoo.es, Simplydrop.co.uk, fonebank.gr, (the "website") is owned by CMR Limited ("we", "us" or "our").
Our registered address is: 3 Long Yard, Holborn, London, WC1N 3LS, UK
Our company number is: 04591053
We take your privacy and the security of your personal information very seriously. We comply with the data protection laws and we are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office Registration No. Z2026934.
The information we collect and how we collect it:
When you use our website or any of our other services we may collect personal information about you. The type of personal information we collect will vary depending on the services you are using.
We need to collect your details in order to contract with you for the contractual purchasing and sale of mobile devices through our website. We need basic details in order to make payment and transfer funds to the correct bank accounts and postal address. In order to ensure that we are fulfilling our legitimate business interests and satisfying your requirements we may also need to contact you on periodic basis to help us review or improve our services to you the customer. Legally, it is mandatory to keep financial records for seven years in order to meet the requirements of HMRC and the Tax office.
You have a right to object to this processing. The section titled ‘How to get your Information Corrected’ or request we stop using it explains how this can be actioned.
We may collect:
- your email address, name, telephone number, address and bank account details to process an order to sell or purchase your mobile device;
- your email address if you register to receive our email newsletters
- your name, phone number and other personal information if you call our customer services team or pledge an order to our website;
In all other instances where we collect your personal information, we act as a data controller
How we use your information:
- To improve our services - We may use your personal information to help us understand how people are using our website and services so that we may improve them. Additionally, if you have provided your consent for us to do so, we may contact you by email, online, or via the phone to ask you for feedback on your experience of using our website and services. We keep this information for a maximum of 3 years.
- To fulfil an order you have placed - If you place an order to recycle or purchase a mobile device through our website, we will collect your personal information. We will also use your personal information to track the progress of the order you have placed. We keep your bank account details for 48 hours after you have placed your order. We keep other personal information for a maximum of 12 months.
- To help you with a customer services enquiry - If you contact our customer services team, we will use your personal information to communicate with you and help sort out your enquiry. We keep this information for a maximum of 12 months.
- To tell you about our products and any special offers that may be of interest - When you provide us with your personal information we may ask your consent to use it to send you additional information on other products and special offers that may be of interest. Unless you tell us otherwise, you are agreeing that we can use it for these purposes. We keep this information for a maximum of 3 years. You can easily unsubscribe from our emails or change your preferences at any time. Please see the “How to change your preferences” section, below.
You can stop receiving these ads at any time by emailing us at [email protected].
Who we share your information with:
When you use our website and services you are consenting to us sharing your information for the following purposes:
- Email communications - we use MailChimp to help us manage our email communications. If you provide us with your personal information to send your additional information on other products and special offers, we may share this information with MailChimp solely to provide this service. They will not share this information with any other company or use it for any other purpose.
We may use other companies to help provide or maintain different parts of our website and service and in doing so they may process your personal information. In these instances, we are the data controller and the other companies must comply with our strict privacy requirements.
We link to other companies’ websites from our website. We try to only include quality, safe and relevant links but we cannot guarantee or verify the content of any externally linked website. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they should have their own privacy policies and we have not endorsed or approved those policies. We cannot be held responsible (and do not accept any responsibility or liability) for the uses to which any other company puts your personal information once you have left our website.
Where permitted by law, we may also disclose your personal information:
- if we sell the group or any company or part of the group;
- to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply our rights and other agreements; and
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our group; our customers, or others.
We may also exchange your personal information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we transfer your information:
Some of the personal information we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Union (EU). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EU who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
By submitting your personal information to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
How we keep your information safe:
Keeping your personal information secure is very important to us. Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security measures to protect it. Our website is secured by RapidSSL and we use a secure protocol (https://) to encrypt your information between your computer’s browser and our website. We protect our network with the latest firewall technology and we securely store personal information and encrypt your bank account details and passwords. We restrict the number of our staff that have access to any personal information and we have secure backup systems to ensure that any personal information cannot be lost or deleted. We train all our staff so that they understand the importance of keeping our customers’ personal information secure.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone and to choose a strong password (which should contain a mixture of letters and numbers).
Please bear in mind that no information sent over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you send to our website and it is sent at your own risk.
How to change your preferences:
If you no longer wish to be contacted by us, then you can let us know by emailing our customer services team ([email protected]) or by writing to us at our registered address.
All marketing emails have a clear unsubscribe link and if you click it then we will automatically unsubscribe you and you will not receive any further marketing emails.
How to get your information corrected or request we stop using it:
If you have any concerns about the accuracy of your personal information then you can contact us in writing by post or email (details below) and we will correct it.
If you want us to stop using your personal information then please contact us in writing by post or email (details below) explaining why you object to its use and what you want us to do. We will then respond appropriately to your request.
Please note that if you do not provide us with your personal information or object to us using it then this may prevent us from fulfilling certain requests (for example we cannot help you with certain enquiries without your contact details and we cannot fulfil a request to recycle your mobile device without your contact details).
How to find out what information we hold:
You have the right to get a copy of the information we hold about you. This is known as a subject access request.
If you wish to make a subject access request then please contact us in writing by post or email (details below). You must provide your full name, address and a contact telephone number.
If we hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you the legal basis for us holding it;
- tell you what we are using it for;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to;
- tell you how long we keep it; and
- let you have a printed copy of the information or, if you prefer, provide it to you in a commonly used electronic format.
We will do this free of charge and we will respond to you within one month or your request.
If you identify any inaccuracies in the information we send you then let us know and we will correct it.
How to contact us or make a complaint:
If you are concerned about the way we may be handling your personal information, then you can raise your concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
How we identify the Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Data
- You, the customer, have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purpose;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request, prior to entering into a contract;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;
- Processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in your interests ie paying you money and completing the contract.
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of you which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject or individual is a child.
Below includes details regarding the cookies that we use on our website.
A cookie is a small text file that is sent by the web server of the website you visit to your web browser and is stored on your computer. Cookies provide a number of functions in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of websites (e.g. cookies can identify if you have previously visited or registered with a website).
The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 has introduced requirements to provide website users with access to information.
The information collected by cookies and other tracking methods on our Websites is anonymous and does not contain any sensitive information such as your name, address or any payment details nor does it contain any information that can personally identify you.
You may delete and block all cookies from our Websites but some parts subsequently will not work.
You can find out more about the cookies we use on our Websites, as well as detailed information on how to turn off cookies, or change the cookie settings on your browser, in the following pages.
STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. These cookies ensure that our Website functions correctly and also facilitate a product selection or track a sale order you have made.
ASP.NET_SessionId, Cookie generated by applications based on the asp.net vb language. This is a general purpose identifier used to maintain user session variables. It is normally a random generated number, how it is used can be specific to the site, but a good example is maintaining a logged-in status for a user between pages.
UserID, this stores a randomly generated value that allows the use of the cart facility on our web sites. Without this the site would not function correctly.
|First Party ||Cookie Name ||Description |
|Fonebank.com, ZonZoo.es, Smartfonestore.com, Cmrecycling.co.uk, Movilbak.es, Fonebank.fr, Zonzoo.nl, Zonzoo.es, Simplydrop.co.uk, fonebank.gr, (the "website") is owned by CMR Limited ("we", "us" or "our"). ||PHPSESSID ||Cookie generated by applications based on the PHP language. This is a general purpose identifier used to maintain user session variables. It is normally a random generated number, how it is used can be specific to the site, but a good example is maintaining a logged-in status for a user between pages. |
Google Analytics - Further information
In addition this Website utilises Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting which allows us to use aggregated user data (such as age, gender and interests) to better understand our audience and provide more relevant and targeted communications and content.
We also utilise Google Analytics Remarketing Audiences functionality. If you are signed in to your Google account this allows us to identify the type of device through which you access the Website (smartphone; PC; etc) and track a user across multiple devices to show more relevant ads. This functionality does not incorporate any personally identifiable data. You can change your Google account settings at: https://myaccount.google.com/intro/privacy,
60 day warranty + 14 day no quibble returns policy
All Orders dispatched by Special Delivery within 48 hours.
Discount available for VAT registered customers
We accept PayPal and major credit cards